Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday



My Teaser comes from Sarah (Orson Scott Card). I'm LOVING this book. It's taking me a while to read but that isn't because I don't love it. I'm just slow ;)


"Silenty speaking this inward prayer made her think of something else. If Sehtepibre was in the business of faking omens from the gods, it must mean that he does not believe in any god at all. And if he feared no god, then what would restrain him from any crime he wanted to commit? A man without a god was a many without decency, for he would fear no divine retribution."


For next week, I tag...... Carmen :)

4 comments:

The McPherson Clan--- said...

I hated Mrs. Mullet's seed biscuits the way Saint Paul hated sin. Perhaps even more so. I wanted to clamber up onto the table, and with a sausage on the end of a fork as my scepter, shout in my best Laurence Olivier voice, "Will no one rid us of this turbulent pastry cook?"

-from Alan Bradley's "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie"
(this book is freakin fantastic)

Sara Walker said...

I am bookless right now, just finished Sweetness (loved it!) and I just got Sarah at the library, so give me a week...

Vanessa Contessa said...

"She slopped in her black converse sneakers through puddles of mud, crunched over dead leaves. By the time she cleared the section of the simple plots and made it to the more ornate tombs, the ground had more or less flattened out and she was totally lost" pg 86 Fallen by Lauren Kate

ps I picked this teaser for you DeEtte, can you guess why????

As soon as I finish this, I'm starting Sweetness... can't wait!

The Guiness Family said...

I blew it. I will do it this week. Please forgive me...