Friday, February 12, 2010

Blog books


I get asked about this a lot so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested. I really wanted to be one of those mom's who kept journals for their kids with all the funny things they said and the milestones they reached. Unfortunaltely, I never had the time. Then I discovered Blogger. It's so much easier for me to find a few minutes here and there to type up a few sentences about our day, or week, than to sit down and write it in a book. I'm also an excessive picture taker so a blog has been the perfect way for me to journal our family. So I finally found the perfect way for me to keep a journal but...I also like to have something I can hold in my hands. Then I discovered Blurb.

Blurb is a publishing website that will slurp your Blogger blog into their software. You don't have to copy and paste text and pictures, it transfers it all into their template for you. Going through and editing the pages and getting them set up exactly the way I wanted was still very time consuming but so worth it in the end. I now have my blog printed from 2007 (I'm still working on 2008). It's hardcover with a dust jacket that you can design yourself (I didn't bother and just used a digipaper but you can get really creative and do whatever you want). It has all my blog posts and pictures for the year. I'm really hoping that the kids will enjoy looking through it as they get older. I try to give them their own special post every six months or so with all the reason they're special and I love them. Again, in the hope that it will be something they'll enjoy later. Sorry about the terrible pictures below! I think it helps to see what it actually looks like.



I tag...Rabecca!

6 comments:

The McPherson Clan--- said...

My brother had mentioned this to me a few months back and I got so excited! My blog is basically my journal most of the time as well. This company must be raking in the dough, it's such a great idea!

Vanessa Contessa said...

That is awesome. I really need to do that with my blog... maybe that's enough to get me motivated to keep it current again.

Thanks Megan! Don't forget to tag someone!

Devyn said...

Yes, our brother did mention it. I'm glad I got to see an actual book of it though. It looks really good. Thanks Megan!

Sara Walker said...

You did it!! I'm so excited. I've been hesitant to try. I want to see what it looks like in person.

Boy Momma said...

Wow that looks like something even I could do~!

Rabecca said...

Wow! Thanks for all of the neat ideas and this one looks like another keeper. Could you bring it to the next book cluba nd do a little show and tell? Or at least tell me a little more about it :)