Thursday, February 18, 2010



I was reminded that the visitors center in Old Town has been rededicated and looks great. It is has a lot of interactive activites with photo backdrops, paning for gold, and picnic tables for a family meal. I grew up in P.B. (15 minutes away) from Old Town and went to the visitors for many F.H.E. activities. It is a great history lesson involving the Mormon Battalion and the establishment of various communities along the coast of California. My family is planning on a trip to check it out next month. Oh! And one other piece of info. it is all free!!




Address:

2510 Juan StreetSan Diego, California 92110
Phone number(s):

619-298-3317
Schedule:

The newly remodeled historic site is now open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for free tours.


posted by Rabecca I tag:Phaedra

4 comments:

Meaghan said...

I haven't been there in awhile and I bet the kids would love it. Thanks!

I'm not goint to make it to the next book club, I'll have family in town visiting. My hubby and I are taking out our endowments and being sealed that weekend. I'll bring my blog book to the March meeting though for any who are interested in seeing it.

Rabecca said...

Meaghan you are awesome!! What a wonderful blessing for you and your family. Congradulations and enjoy the weekend with your family :)

Anonymous said...

Great news Meaghan! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Temple blessings are amazing!

Sara Walker said...

We have family in town as well, and I don't think I'll be able to slip away for Book Club this month either.
Meaghan!!! That is fabulous news!! I am so happy for you.