Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Much Ado About Carmel Corn



All you girls who didn't come last night really missed out on a lot of great desserts! Michele made 2 fresh strawberry trifles -did anyone get a picture? They were beautiful and tasted amazing!
A few of you asked for the recipe for the Carmel Corn I brought, so here it is. This one is really easy, and I always have the ingredients to make it on hand so I can whip up a great treat with little effort. -I am NOT a cook. I come from a family where Grandma and Mom were chefs extraordinaire so I never had to learn how to make anything! -Just sit and eat. My sister majored in Food Science at BYU and is the ultimate Top Chef. Thanksgiving is a great place to be at the Vreeken house. All I do is set the table, which I enjoy as I like to decorate!
So here's the recipe, you'll be amazed how easy it is.

Sara's Carmel Corn

1 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Karo Syrup
1/2 t. Salt

1 cube Butter
1 can Nuts
2 bags of microwave popcorn (6-8 cups)
-I use the movie butter kind

Boil the Sugar, Karo, and Salt together for 1 minute.
Stir in Butter until dissolved, then mix in the Nuts.
Add popcorn and stir until well coated.
Enjoy!

0 comments: