Thursday, January 29, 2009

Victorian Book Challenge Choices

Hey ladies,

I've signed up for the Victorian Book Challenge, basically read a certain number of Victorian Era books by the end of June. I'm going for 4 books, which puts me at the "a walk in Hyde Park" level.

My choices are as follows:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stephensen (already on our list, so I thought I'd just read it early)

The Tenent of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (you know how I love my Bronte sisters, but I've never read this one by the lesser known of the three.)

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskill (seen the PBS movie and LOVED IT -- I figure I should at least read the book)

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (because, well, it's victorian literature and it just seemed unnatural to NOT have a Dickens on here, and I haven't read this one; which is kind of embarassing....)

So, if you're up for it, list your books here!

1 comments:

Irish said...

How funny :) .... I have just purchased North and South today .. One of the many books which I have been meaning to read for ages .... And I loved the BBC production and I suppose it helps with Richard playing the lead man ..... I loved him in that ... And have to admit that I was abit obsessed with it and watched it about twenty times ... So like yourself thought I would read the book and some of her other works ...

Nice to have you on board with this challenge !!