Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Melted chocolate yummy goodness...


Here is the chocolate chip calzone recipe as promised. It tastes just like the one at Claim Jumper (except I think the one at Claim Jumper does have marshmallows in it, but I'm not quite sure.)


Chocolate Chip Calzone
(Recipe from Brian Okada)

1 pizza dough
3 oz. chocolate chips
3 oz. white chocolate chips
Vanilla ice cream
Chocolate sauce

Directions
Stretch pizza dough to 10" in diameter. Place 1 oz. chocolate chips (about a handful) at the bottom of the dough and fold once. Place 1 oz. white chocolate chips down and fold again. Repeat 3 times until all the chips are used. Pinch the edges of the dough closed. Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with ice cream and cover with chocolate sauce. Serves 2.

I also make a milk/sugar wash for the top before I bake it.

1 TBS of sugar
1 TBS milk

Mix together and brush on calzone before baking (it adds a nice sweetness and 'crust')


Enjoy!

Oh yeah, Sara-- I've decided I need that recipe of yours from last night too. I was craving it all night after I left!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make this last night? Ugh... of all nights to miss Book Club! I know I know, Book Club is about the books, which I did read... but FOOD really speaks too me. Catch you all next month!

Rose said...

Thank you! We made this tonight by making enough dough for two pizzas, and then dividing the total dough into 6 small pieces for mini-calzones. After baking, we injected them with whipped cream and drizzled them with chocolate ganache. We don't have a Claim Jumper near us, so I couldn't remember what they had in it besides chocolate chips. If you figure it out, please let us know! :) Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I used to work there and you have it right, no marshmallows.