Saturday, March 1, 2008

Reading Rainbow


Anyone remember this show? The other day Jon took Sydney on and errand to the hardware store and taught her the opening theme song in the car on the way home. I just about died when I heard her singing it. I loved this show! I used to watch it everyday in the summer and sometimes I would try to pretend I was sick so I could stay home from school just to get my Lavar Burton fix. (Yeah, I know I'm a dork...) My very favorite episode was the one when they went to the dairy and talked all about cows and how they make and distribute milk.

Anyway, for anyone needing a little Reading Rainbow in their lives right now, here's a link to the opening credits: Reading Rainbow.

1 comments:

Sara Walker said...

This made me laugh out loud!! I LOVE Reading Rainbow. The funny thing is, Ella knows it too. You see her bath towel is a butterfly and every time I get her out of the tub I wrap her up and fly her around the room singing, "butterfly in the sky! I can fly twice as hi-gh, let's take a look, it's in a book, a reading rainbow!!!!!" Ella loves it. Every time I sing it it's some sort of weird nostalgia for me. Thanks for sharing!
Sara