Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Okay, so today is our Teaser Tuesday.


Yes, I know it's Wednesday. I'm late. I have good reasons, but I wanted to get it done to show you how it will work. The idea came from this blog over at Should Be Reading. Here's how it works..

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Every week I hope we can post our own teaser and link it back. Plus we can have teasers for each other, just leave a comment with your two teaser sentences!

WHY are we doing this we ask???!!! Because I say so. And I have author access so you can't stop me. And it's awesome. And I'm feeling extra snarky today, so watch it!

No really, I thought this could be really fun considering how many of our original group has now moved and goshdarnit, I miss them!!! So I'm hoping they'll chime in too! (you know who you are!)

Without further ado, here's my first Teaser Tuesday:

"Lirael wondered how on earth they could work with the corrosive taint of Free Magic all around and looked at them more closely. Then she gasped and tried to move back, but the vision held her." From Lirael by Garth Nix. (second installation in the Abhorsen Trilogy)

Okay ladies, let's see it! What's your teaser?

4 comments:

Devyn said...

I'm reading Enchantment, by Orson Scott Card. "He looked at her, and remembered how she had looked to him before he kissed her, the ethereal beauty, the perfection of her. Well, that was gone."

Sara Walker said...

I'm reading "The Color of Water," by James McBride.
"I do look like you. I'm your mother. You ask too many questions. Educate your mind. School is important. Forget Rodney and Pete. Forget their mothers. You remember school. Forget everything else."

-Ok that's a bit more than 2 sentences.

Maybe we should tag people to do the next week's teaser?

The McPherson Clan--- said...

"Now, since even the slightest smile was sufficient to rouse the anger of our youth, we may well imagine what effect such unbounded mirth was likely to produce upon him. Nevertheless, d'Artagnan wished first to examine the countenance of the impertinent fellow who thus laughed at him."-from "The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas

Unknown said...

You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone, You shall find what you seek and make it your own, But despair for your life entombed within stone, And fail without friends, to fly home alone."
The Sea of Monsters (Book 2 / Percy Jackson & The olympians by Rick Riordan