Thursday, May 21, 2009

When did it all begin?

When did book club get started? There was a little discussion about it tonight and I thought it started before the wards split. I have to say sorry to Erin because I am wrong! I was thinking about it and realized I didn’t meet Lani and Vanessa until after the wards split and I was in O4, therefore book club couldn’t have started before the split. Was it around March of 2005? My little Alanna was born in May '05 and I remember bringing her to book club when she was only a few weeks old. Any ideas? Also, does anyone remember what the first book was?

5 comments:

Vanessa Contessa said...

Book club was already going when I moved in around 05 (was it 05? Lani will remember)

Michele, Phaedra and Carmen I'm pretty sure were the founders.

I bet they remember the firs book.

Boy Momma said...

I think it was The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. I remember Michele leading the discussion and I think it was even at her house.

The Guiness Family said...

The information is on the website. does anyone remember the link? Gaby was a year old and we first met in the day time. gaby is now 6.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I still lived in Oceanside, so it was in 2005. I remember reading The Hiding Place, but I don't think that was the first book.
-Jennie Tracy

Michele said...

I'm super late on this! Jennie Tracy and I started it in February of 2004. It was shortly after the wards split in November '03. It was at my house and we did read #1 Detective Agency. Phaedra, Carmen and many others were at that first meeting. We met in the day time for awhile until our October meeting at Erica Burke's house. We read "Legend of Sleepy Hollow," and it was so crazy that we had kids swinging from the chandelier. We decided to move our "meetings" to the evening time so we could have a more peaceful discussion. I love all of you Literachicks!