Friday, January 30, 2009

Oreo Truffles

As requested, here is my very easy recipe for Oreo Truffles.
One package Oreo Cookies ground very fine with no lumps. (I use my blender with about 7 cookies at a time)
One 8oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or other flavor; I've heard mint is really good)

Mix all ingredients very well until no white shows through. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Roll into truffle size balls, put on waxed paper and chill for 45 minutes.

Melt 1 pound milk chocolate (I like the Stater Bros brand called Candiquik. It melts really well, hardens up fast, and can be remelted easily. If I have extra that I melted, I store it in the fridge and remelt it later. It is awesome!) Dip chilled truffles into chocolate. You can also get some white chocolate and drizzle it over the truffles or even dip some in the white chocolate. Store in refrigerator.

Thanks to everyone who came last night, for the great conversations, and for the yummy treats you all brought.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the recipe - they were very very YUMMY!

Devyn said...

These were fantastic, Thanks for the recipe!

Sara Walker said...

YUM! Thanks for posting it, I think I ate about 7 of them...

Craig and Patricia said...

they are the best and sweetest dipped in the white chocolate, most ppl i have heard prefer the white of over the milk chocolate, but all with preference. you can drizzle them with other chocolates or even roll them around in nuts or more cookies, or just sprinkle them with sprinkles.