Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


This is Sara, not Mila. Perhaps Mila doesn't look at this blog or forgot to post yesterday? Perhaps she's sick, and whatever the reason, it doesn't matter except for the fact that I really really missed Teaser Tuesday!!
I know, how lame am I to check and check and check to see if anyone has posted anything. (Think how I'll be once I quit my job!!) So although it's Wednesday, here's a little Teaser Tuesday for you:

"It made good chemical sense, I reasoned: If salts were a cure, and chicken broth were a cure, think of the magnificent restorative power of a glass of effervescent chicken broth! It boggled the mind."
From The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie pg 250
(Can I say again how much I love this book?!)

Sara

Oh, and for next week I tag Abi!!

2 comments:

Vanessa Contessa said...

I can't wait to read that one! Here's mine (oh and by the way, I never got through last week's teaser book, it's pretty gruesome..)

"She was staring at him hungrily. Everything he was saying just confirmed what she wanted to believe; that magic was real." p. 173
The Magicians by Lev Grossman

Sara Walker said...

I'm done with it, so you can borrow Sweetness. I can't wait for the sequel that comes out in March. More adventures with Flavia!!