Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Finds



Here's our newest fun blog game. I've called it Friday Finds. Every Friday we list something we've found that other book clubbers might like! It could be a new book, new magazine, a new craft, something new around Oceanside, whatever you can think of. I'd like to be able to tag each other to do this so we can all have a turn! I'll go first this week and name someone I've tagged at the bottom. If' you are up for being tagged, leave a comment so I'll know it and the other people will too!

So here is my first Friday Find:

The Book Wreath!



Yes, that's right. It's a wreath. Made. from. an. old. book!!! I'm dying. Why don't I already have one??! Click on the book wreath link above the picture to check out the tutorial. I think I could possibly be able to pull this on off!


This has to be one of the funnest craft projects I've seen in a long time! My friend Elaine (who is a librarian) tipped me off to it and I can't wait to make my own. I even want to try one with magazine pages or something colorful like a comic book for the girls playroom. What do ya think? Should we make some together?

Also, the blog I found it on, Living with Lindsay is TERRIFIC! It's a fantastic little crafty blog I know I'll be checking time and time again! I feel a house overhaul with my glue gun coming on...


Okay, for next week, I tag....SARA!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it's kinda funny to see this post because i just saw this craft this past week and it reminded me of you (vanessa) and the purses that your mom made with old books. i guess i should've known you'd find it and want to try it out - have fun!!! and post pics of the final project :)

Sara Walker said...

Wow! Looks like I know what to give you for your birthday this year...

The McPherson Clan--- said...

I need one.

Michele said...

I love this!! Mothers Day Presents . . .and one for me!