Friday, October 30, 2009

It was probably inevitable...

I promise I'm not trying post only Twilight stuff, but seriously you have to check this out. With Stephenie Meyer's works completely taking over the lives of many teenagers, I'm sure it was only a matter of time before they only spoke Twilight...

Brian Leaf, an author of several test preparatory books has now created Defining Twilight: Vocabulary workbook for unlocking the SAT. Yes, you read that right. It's a Twilight themed study guide.

Although the sensible part of me wants to mock the very existence of this, I actually think it's a great idea. I mean, why not? Between the Twilight Series and the Harry Potter Series, hundreds of thousands of kids (and adults for that matter) who would have never picked up a book for pleasure finally have and discovered... (wait for it....) they ACTUALLY LIKE READING!

Plus, if have to study, you might as well enjoy it.

Just in case you were planning on brushing up on your standardized test skills, they are also making a New Moon study guide




I searched, but have yet to find either a Hunger Games guide or a Harry Potter Guide. The SAT tutors obviously still have some work to do.

2 comments:

Sara Walker said...

Wow, now Vanessa, why didn't we think of doing this? Maybe since you didn't find one for Hunger Games we can write that one??

The Guiness Family said...

I need to get this study guide for Kathryn. We have note cards and she is just not into. This might do the trick!