Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mark your Calendars!

First off, I just want to commend Lori for crossing borders and yet still finding Edward related obsessions (although, I'm not entirely convinced she didn't spray paint the name herself...)

A lot of you have asked me about the release of Breaking Dawn and whether or not we're all going and what the whole deal is, so I went ahead and called the store today to find out the skinny.

The Breaking Dawn release party will start at 10 pm on Friday August 1st and the Barnes and Noble in Oceanside. There will be festivities of all kinds, poetry readings, games, I think there is a costume contest. I'm not sure how much of that we are all interested in... The main event, of course, is getting lined up and ready for the sale of the book at exactly 12:01 am on August 2nd. The store has informed me they will be doing wristbands for the line like the Harry Potter releases and wristbands will be available starting at 9 am on August 1st. HOWEVER, the bands will be different this time around that in you will only be able to receive one wristband per person and one band = one book. What this means is no picking up 5 wristbands for other people (like you could at the Deathly Hallows release) and also no wristband acting for you and other members of your family (once again, like at the Hallows release.)

So, you need to plan to get over to Barnes and Noble sometime during the day if possible to pick up your wristband in order to secure a place in line and not be there forever at midnight. The earlier you get your band of course, means the further you will be in the front of the line and the sooner you'll get your hands on the book.

For the evening, I haven't really planned anything for all of us as of yet. Plus I pretty much wanted everyone's input. I figured we could plan to meet up in that shopping center around 9 or 9:30, choose a place to have a bite to eat, discuss all our Breaking Dawn related theories, and then head over to the bookstore for some browsing and inevitable line standing.

So far there seems to be a pretty good group of us going and I hope more can make it! Don't forget to invite anyone you want, the more the merrier!

p.s. In honor of the release I'm posting something Twilight related on my own personal blog everyday until August 2nd. Some of these I promise you won't want to miss...

9 comments:

Abi said...

That bites! I won't get a wrist band - I have to work that day. I guess I'll just have to pick mine up the next day. :(

Vanessa Contessa said...

I'm sure you can still come that night. I doubt its going to be anywhere near as crowded at the Harry Potter ones... For all I know the line won't be forever long.-- You could always stop by after work for your wristband too, that would get you ahead of the people who just show up for the evening.

Abi said...

Vanessa - I found another Jacob lover up here in Utah. She was pretty darn anti-Eduardo. I guess you're not alone ;)

Vanessa Contessa said...

I'm not ANTI-Edward. I just happen to have a very soft spot for Jacob...

I recognize Edward's awesomeness AND I really do want him to be happy with Bella, I just want Jacob to be happier ;)

Sara Walker said...

Looks like I'm going to have to work from home that day so I can swing by and get my wristband! -Wait though, if I'm just going for the festivities and not picking up a book (I have a feeling by dawn or shortly after I will have a plethora of copies to borrow from my friend. -Lani, I'm borrowing yours...)
Anyway, am I correct in thinking that if I'm not buying a book, I don't need a wristband? Sara

Vanessa Contessa said...

There's no reason you'll need a wristband if you aren't purchasing a book. In fact, I'm sure you could still probably stand in the line with a wristband holder if you so desired, just not pick up a copy for yourself. You're very brave to wait ALL THE WAY until morning, though.... geesh! And you're right, Lani will totally finish first...

Halvos said...

First of all, if I was the one who spray-painted Eduardo, it would have been in my native tongue. And second--it would have looked much prettier and would have said "Edward + Bella = Bloody True Love"
I SOOOO wish I could come to these festivities--I want a full account of the evening since I'll be stuck camping in the middle of nowhere in AZ that weekend. I hope you all enjoy yourselves! Vanessa, if you want to write a poem for the evening, I'm game. ;)

The Guiness Family said...

I was reading the book club's blog to my 14 year old daughter Kathryn and she wanted me to tell everybody "WOW". and this is not in a positive way...

Sara Walker said...

So is the plan still to meet at the B&N shopping center around 9 or 9:30 to talk and eat? Post something so we are all on the same page. That sounds like a good plan to hang out a bit, maybe grab a bite before we get in line. Sara